Monday, May 3, 2010

"it had to be done. just once."

i woefully admit that i'm a bit of an achronologous blogger (i also like making up words) - meaning...i have things in queue and post them up whenever inspiration hits, regardless of when something might have happened; because of that, i say a lot of things like, "a few weeks ago.." or "a couple days ago.." or "i don't remember when this happened, but.."

soo...tim and i went to visit my my parents (the shins) in orange county during a weekend some time ago. we were killing three birds with one stone. we went to the O.C. to:
  1. pay momma & poppa shin an overdue visit - me & tim
  2. watch the laker game with the pops (an unfortunate game. the lakers got massacred by almost 30 points by the OC thunder) - tim & kiiiiind-of me
  3. attend a friend's bridal shower. - me
it was an eventful weekend, encouraging, fun, et cetera. but, two things stuck out the most to me. one of the best things about being married has to be finding hilarity in the mundane.

let me preface what i'm about to write/show next by saying i had dreaded this moment since i first saw this abomination pop up on my google reader a few weeks back.

the first words tim sheepishly said to my, "oh no...." when he picked me up from charissa's bridal shower were, "it had to be done. just once."


okay, so the KFC Double Down wasn't THAT bad - definitely not the greasy, heart attack, size-of-my-face creation i was expecting. it's basically two pieces of fried chicken sandwiching bacon & cheese. don't misunderstand - i'm not saying it's GOOD. it might taste okay, but it feels completely and totally wrong.

=). here are a couple pictures from our visit to the shin home.

the backyard & my room & my sister's room. i love that my parents haven't changed a thing. i always feel like a little girl when i go home.

i'm posting a lot of food pictures. but this is the real deal - a home cooked meal from momma. after marriage & cooking up a storm in my own kitchen, i am in awe of how quickly my mom whips together these meals...and nary a crumb escapes her cleaning cloth.

so, the greatest part about eating at home has to be our pets. they are so unswervingly loving, dopey, funny, and loyal, altogether refreshing =).

loveable, covetous phoebe staring at my dad's prime rib.

a photo montage of our little pheebs & andy. they get super mopey & droopy when they sense someone is about to leave. i took these pictures in the midst of packing up. tim and i left for san diego about 10 minutes after this.

hahaha. what a pair of cuties. i think a golden retriever or a german shepherd would be the perfect addition to the Yu household, what thinks you? how fun would it be to have a little golden pup running around our home, knocking over paint cans, chewing up our pretty garden, following us around everywhere, growing up with our kids. i'm working on bringing my hubbie around to see it the same way.

p.s.: tim wanted me to make it clear that he actually said, "it had to be done. at least once." uh..please honey. JUST. once.

6 comments:

  1. i remember your dogs!!! and the food looked delicioso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a golden retriever!!! i will be on your team, helping you to bring tim around to seeing it the same way =D hahaha =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe I do the same. I don't blog right when something actually happens.. only when I feel inspired to. then I bunch up some of the past things i want to update all together x)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i miss the shin home. give your parents hugs for me next time you see them <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. your dogs are soo cute! hehehe if you get a golden retriever puppy, can i come visit? =D

    ps happy bday! =)

    ReplyDelete